Oriental chicken jackets
Low in fat, high in taste and full of goodness, this makes an ideal early evening meal that the whole family can enjoy
- 3 chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 4 baking potatoes
- 2 x 5cm pieces of ginger, grated
- 350g (7oz) pack of stir-fry vegetables, or choose you own fresh vegetables, like carrots, bean sprouts, green beans and mange tout
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2tbsp teriyaki sauce (you'll find this in the supermarket, next to the soy sauce)
- Wash but don't dry the potatoes. Pierce and place 2.5cm (1in) apart on a microwaveable plate. Cook the potatoes on full power for 10-15 mins, turning half way through. Remember that the potatoes will continue cooking once out of the microwave, so leave to stand for 3-4 mins. If you have more time and want a crispier jacket potato, heat the oven to 150°C / 300°F / gas mark 2. Brush with oil and bake in the oven for 1 2/2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok on a medium heat. Cook for 4-5 mins or until lightly brown. Add the grated ginger and cook for a minute before adding the vegetables. Stir-fry for 5 mins, then add the teriyaki sauce and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Cut open the potatoes and fill with the stir-fry chicken and vegetables.