Sticky BBQ chicken wings
Prep time:marinating time
Bring your barbecue to life with these delicious sticky BBQ chicken wings. This simple BBQ chicken wings recipe is really easy to whip up and cook on the BBQ. The sauce is light and sticky with a hint of spice which works wonders with any cut of chicken. This recipe serves 4 people but can be doubled if you're feeding more. We'd recommend leaving your chicken to marinade in this delicious sauce for more than 6hrs so the meat can absorb all of the flavours from the soy, honey and garlic before cooking.
- 5tbsp ketchup
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 2tsp paprika
- Whisk together all the ingredients, except the chicken and olive oil, to form the marinade.
- Place the chicken wings in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag so the wings are evenly coated. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hrs, turning occasionally. This can also be done in a large bowl, but can take more room in the fridge.
- Remove the wings from the bag and discard the marinade. Lightly brush or spray the wings with olive oil and thread onto two parallel skewers.
- Cook without moving, over a medium heat for 6-8 mins until well marked. Continue cooking over a medium heat for approximately 10-12 mins, until the meat is no longer pink at the bone. Serve warm.