Chocolate and sultana brownies
These little treats are simply divine
- 3 egg whites
- 300g (6oz) low-fat cream cheese
- 25g (1oz) low-cal sweetner
- 40g (1 3/4oz) cocoa powder, sifted
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 3tbsp full fat milk
- 75g (3oz) plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 75g (3oz) sultanas
- 50g (2oz) dark chocolate, roughly broken small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Line a 15cm (6in) square baking tin with parchment paper. How to line a square cake tin video
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until they form soft peaks.
- In another bowl, combine the cream cheese with the sweetner.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and milk to the cream cheese mix. Beat well until the mixture is smooth then fold in the whisked egg whites until evenly incorporated.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together over the mixture then fold in lightly, together with the sultanas and chocolate pieces.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 mins until springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the tin. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 17(kcal)
- Fat 5.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.