Banana, plum, sultana and apricot flapjacks
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you want a quick, easy, healthy and delicious treat, these buttery flapjacks are perfect - and a great way to use up leftover dried fruit.
- 275g (10oz) rolled porridge oats
- 1 banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small plums, stoned and cut into small pieces
- 25g (1oz) dried apricots, chopped
- 25g (1oz) sultanas
- 225g (8oz) spread e.g. Lighter Spreadable
- 175g (7oz) demerara sugar
- 75g (3oz) golden syrup
- Mix together in a large bowl the oats, banana, plums, apricots and sultanas.
- In a small saucepan place the butter, sugar and syrup and melt gently together over a low heat.
- Pour the melted syrup mixture into oats and stir together until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spoon into a non-stick or greased and lined tin (30 x 20 x 2 1/2 cm tin) and flatten out mixture until smoothed into all the corners of the tray.
- Place in a hot preheated oven at 160°C (325°F, gas mark 3) for about 25-30 mins, or until the mixture is golden brown.
- Allow to cool a little and then cut into squares while still warm. Store in an airtight container.