Figgy almond tart
This tart is like a giant Danish pastry. It's great eaten cold with afternoon tea or warm with whipped cream, crème fraîche or ice cream
- 150g white marzipan
- 5 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp sweetener plus extra for dusting
- 375g packet ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 50g ground almonds
- 8 figs, sliced into wedges
- 25g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Whizz the marzipan, cream and sweetener together in a food processor until it's a smooth, thick paste.
- Unroll the pastry and lay on a baking sheet. Using the tip of a sharp knife, score a line, about 2.5cm away from the edge, that goes all the way around the pastry.
- Spread the marzipan mixture over the centre of the pastry up to the scored line. Scatter with the ground almonds and arrange the sliced figs over the marzipan to cover. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds and dust with sweetener. Bake for 15 mins until the edges are risen and golden.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream or crème fraîche.