Easter egg chocolate muffins
Prep time:plus cooling time
Kids will love these Easter chocolate muffins decorated with mini eggs
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 275g (10oz) plain flour100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 50g (2oz) cocoa powder
- 10ml (2tsp) baking powder
- 100g (4oz) butter, melted
- 300ml (1/2pt) milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 5ml (1tsp) vanilla essence
For the icing:
- 225g/8oz icing sugar, sifted
- 100g/4oz butter, softened
- 30ml/2tbsp cocoa powder
- 30ml/2tbsp hot water
- Mini Easter eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- To make the muffins, sift the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla together and stir into the flour mixture. Beat until the mixture is just smooth - do not overbeat.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20 - 25 mins or until risen and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, beat the icing sugar and butter together. Blend the cocoa and water to a smooth paste and beat into the butter mix.
- Spread over the top of the muffins and decorate with Easter eggs.