Easter bunny biscuits
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Kids will love these bunny-shaped biscuits. They'd make great presents too! All you need is a bunny biscuit cutter which you can pick up from most cookery shops
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 100g (3 1/2oz) butter
- 75g (2 3/4oz) caster sugar and extra for sprinkling
- 1 large egg
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- 1/2tsp mixed ground spice
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) currants - 12 currants for eyes
- 2tbsp milk
- pretty ribbon
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas 6. Grease two baking sheets. Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk. Add the egg and whisk again.
- Add the flour, spices and currants and mix well. Lightly knead, then roll out to a 5mm (1/4 inch) thickness. Use a bunny or other shaped cutter to press out about 12 biscuits, re-rolling the dough as necessary.
- Arrange the biscuits on a baking tray and brush with milk. Make eyes with the extra currants and sprinkle over the remaining sugar. Bake for 12-15 mins or until golden. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Tie ribbons around the necks of the bunnies.