Turkey deli roast
This is the ultimate turkey roast, with deep savoury flavours from streaky bacon and herby sausages.
- 12 rashers rindless streaky bacon
- 500g (about 8) turkey escalopes
- 6 herby sausages
- 50g pitted black olives
- 150g ball mozzarella, diced
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 4. Lay a large piece of foil on your worktop and lightly brush with olive oil. Arrange the bacon side by side along the foil.
- Bash each turkey escalope between two pieces of clingfilm with a rolling pin to flatten slightly, then arrange down the centre of the bacon strips, slightly overlapping them.
- Remove the skin from the sausages and spread over the turkey to cover. Scatter over the olives, mozzarella, basil leaves and pepper. Tuck the bacon over along the short ends and then roll up tightly like a swiss roll. Wrap tightly in the foil and twist the ends of the foil to seal completely.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and tip any juices into a small dish. Add the honey to the meat juices and brush over the bacon.
- Return the meat to the oven for 15 mins until the bacon is crisp and golden. Slice and serve with tagliatelle tossed with four-cheese sauce, scattered with fresh basil leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 389(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.