Turkey risotto stuffed peppers
A creamy, moreish risotto filling is the perfect way to enjoy these sweet roasted peppers.
- 50g butter
- 150g risotto rice
- 225g turkey breast fillets, diced
- 1 small trimmed leek, sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves, roughly chopped
- 150ml dry white wine
- 600ml chicken stock
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 1 small courgette, trimmed and diced
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 orange peppers
- 150g dolce latte cheese, diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large deep frying pan and stir in the rice, stirring for a couple of mins. Add the turkey, leeks and rosemary and cook for 2 mins until the turkey is lightly browned.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/380F/Gas 5. Pour over the wine and allow to bubble for a few moments. Pour over enough stock to just cover the rice and simmer for 4-5 mins until the stock has been absorbed. Repeat until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is just tender (this should take about 15 mins). Stir in the mushrooms and courgettes and season.
- Halve the peppers through the stalks and discard the seeds and core. Arrange cut-side up in a large roasting tin. Divide the rice filling between the peppers and scatter over the cheese. Bake for 25 mins until the peppers are just tender.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 414(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.