Satay chicken skewers
These chicken skewers are so easy to make, but are explosive in flavour.
- 2 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp mnced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 350g/12oz in total weight
- sweet chilli dipping sauce, to serve
- Mix together the sugar, minced garlic and ginger, sherry and soya sauce to a smooth paste. Stir in the chicken and leave to marinate for 10 mins. (If you have time, you can make this up the night before and leave overnight to marinate, to allow the flavours to penetrate the meat even better)
- Thread the chicken onto six metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked in cold water for 30 mins to prevent them from burning.
- Preheat the grill and arrange the skewers on a foil lined tray. Grill for 5-6 mins, then turn over, baste with more marinade and grill for a further 5 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately on top of stir-fried noodles with finely shredded red pepper, carrot, shredded spring onion and fresh coriander. Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.