Tana Ramsay's breaded stuffed chicken breasts
Prep time:plus 5 mins chilling time
Skill level: Bit of effort
Tana Ramsay's breaded stuffed chicken breasts recipe is the perfect option for a quick and healthy dinner. This healthy recipe for stuffed chicken breasts takes only 20 mins to prep and another 20 mins to cook, so you'll have a delicious dinner ready in just 40 mins. This recipes serves 2 people, so it's ideal for a romantic dinner or if you're having someone over but a little catch-up over food. If you need to feed more people, you can easily double up the ingredients to make more. This recipe is a fun twist on the classic stuffed chicken breast recipe and because it's breaded, it will go down especially well with the kids. The breadcrumbs used in this recipe are wholemeal, so they're better for you than other breaded foods. Serve with a fresh green salad on the side.
IngredientsTo make this stuffed chicken breast recipe:
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 vine tomatoes, sliced
- 75g reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, sliced
- A handful of fresh basil, torn
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 shredded wheat, crushed
- 25g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Green salad
- 2tbsp fat-free French dressing
For a guaranteed hit with kids, use the breadcrumb and shredded wheat mix to make healthier fish fingers or chicken goujons. Cut the fish or chicken into 2cm wide fingers, coat and cook as above.
- To make this chicken breast recipe, slit the chicken breasts horizontally to make a pocket.
- Place the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil in a bowl and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Fill the chicken breasts with the tomato mixture and close together. Use cocktail sticks to hold each chicken breast together.
- Mix the crushed shredded wheat with the breadcrumbs and black pepper and tip on to a flat tray. Tip the beaten egg into a dish.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the egg, making sure you cover both sides. Then lay in the breadcrumb mix, make sure you cover both sides. If you have time, leave in the fridge for at least 5 mins before cooking as this helps the breadcrumbs to stick.
- About 15 mins before you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 190ºC/374F/gas 5. Place the chicken breasts on to a lightly greased oven tray and bake in the oven for approximately 20 mins, turning over halfway through cooking until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with the green salad tossed in the dressing
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 462(kcal)
- Fat 5.0g
- Saturates 5.8g
- Sugars 5.7g
- Salt 1.3g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.