Tana Ramsay's lemon cheesecake
Prep time:(including 30 mins chilling)
Total time:(plus overnight in the fridge)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Light and fruity, this lemon cheesecake from Tana Ramsay can be made in minutes and is lower in calories than other cheesecake recipes.
- 175g cereal hoops
- 100g low-fat spread, melted
- 400g extra-light cream cheese
- Grated zest of 4 lemons
- 200g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 100g caster sugar
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 184ml carton whipping cream
- Couple of mint leaves to decorate
For a tasty alternative try using mini shredded wheat instead of cereal hoops.
- Place the cereal hoops in to a food processor and whiz until they are broken into crumbs. Or you can place them into a bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in the melted low-fat spread, stirring through until all the crushed cereal hoops are thoroughly coated.
- Turn into a 23cm spring collar cake tin and press the mixture right into the bottom to form a base. Put this in the fridge for at least 30 mins to set.
- Mix together the cream cheese, lemon zest, Greek yogurt, sugar and lemon juice and stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until it's a thick consistency and starts to stiffen. Add this to the cream cheese mix, folding through well.
- Spoon this mix on to the top of the base. Decorate the top with a couple of mint leaves and place in the fridge to set overnight.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 277(kcal)
- Fat 15.4g
- Saturates 8.1g
- Sugars 18.0g
- Salt 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.