Lime, ginger & crab spring rolls
Zingy, oriental crab spring rolls - a perfect snack or a dinner party starter
- 200g (7oz) crab meat, drained
- 1-2tsp ground ginger
- 1-2tsp coriander leaf
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 packet spring roll wraps or pastry
- 1 egg yolk or water
- Oil for deep frying
- Blend the crab meat, ground ginger, coriander leaf and lime zest.
- Open out a spring roll wrap and brush with egg yolk or water.
- Spread 1tbs crab mixture over the wrap, fold in the two sides and roll up, sealing the
- edges with egg yolk or water.
- Repeat with the remaining crab mixture and spring roll wraps. Refrigerate for at least one hr.
- Deep fry the spring rolls in oil for 3-4 mins, until golden brown and crispy all over.
- Delicious served with sweet chilli sauce.