Roast sweet potato soup
Skill level: Easy peasy
A warming and hearty soup with roast sweet potato - perfect for lunch, a light dinner or dinner party starter
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3tbs olive oil
- 1 pack bacon, diced
- 2tsp (2 cloves) garlic
- 2tsp paprika
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 litre stock
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºC/gas 6.
- Toss the sweet potato with 2tbs olive oil, season and roast in the oven for 15 mins or until golden brown and soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan. Add the bacon and cook for 5 mins, stirring, until brown and crispy.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 30 secs. Stir in the onion and cook gently for 10 mins, until softened but not browned.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and gently add the roasted sweet potatoes, cook for 5 mins.
- Remove half of the onion and potato mixture with a slotted spoon. Then carefully blend the remaining soup, until smooth. Return the onion and potato mixture to the pan.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and season to taste.