Avocado and pasta salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Avocados are packed full of essential nutrients and really good for the skin, delicious in this zesty, tangy and healthy pasta salad.
- 200g penne pasta
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 large red chilli
- ½ red onion
- ½tsp Dijon mustard
- 20ml sherry vinegar
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 100ml hemp seed oil
- 1tbsp crushed flaxseed
- 1 ripe avocado
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Flaked natural sea salt (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Strain and place under running water until completely cold. Drain well.
- Crush the garlic, with a little salt and place into a small mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the red chilli and red onion and add to the garlic, season with pepper.
- Spoon in the mustard, vinegar, lime zest and juice and flaxseed, mix well with a whisk.
- Pour in the hempseed oil and whisk again.
- Cut the avocado into two and remove the stone. Using a dessert spoon scoop out, throw away
- the skin. Cut the avocado into large chucks and place in the dressing to avoid discolouring.
- Mix the pasta and avocado together with the dressing, season to taste and serve with a tomato salad.
Simon Boyle is a chef and founder of Beyond Boyle
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 486(kcal)
- Fat 32.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.