Seared tuna with lime & coriander salsa
Prep time:(plus 15 mins marinating time)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Don't be scared of cooking fresh tuna steaks. This delicious dish is quick, simple and looks really impressive at dinner parties.
- 3tbsp lime cordial
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 175-200g fresh tuna steaks. Fresh fish advice video
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 300g fine green beans
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put 2tbsp of the lime cordial into a shallow dish with 2tbsp of the olive oil. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Add the tuna steaks, turn them to coat, then cover and leave to marinate for about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing the remaining lime cordial with the red onion, chilli, cucumber and coriander. Season. Cover until ready to serve.
- Cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 mins. Drain well and mix with the tomatoes and remaining olive oil.
- Heat a char-grill pan or pre-heat the grill. Char-grill or grill the tuna steaks on a high heat for about 2 mins per side, or a little longer if you prefer the tuna to be cooked throughout. Serve with the green beans and salsa.