Chilli potato cakes
Delicious hot or cold and great for a packed lunch, these these chilli potato cakes are as easy to make as chips and have a spicy kick too!
- 800g potatoes, diced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2tbsp flour
- 20g coriander, chopped
- Oil for shallow frying
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins until tender. Drain.
- Add the oil to the pan and fry the chilli and paprika for 1 min. Add the remaining ingredients and coarsely mash, season to taste.
- Divide into 8 and pat into flat, round cakes.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry potato cakes in 2 batches for 1-2 mins on each side until golden. Serve with guacamole, tomato salsa and leaf salad for a light lunch or starter.
- Calories 352(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 6.5g
- Sugars 2.0g
- Salt 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.