Salmon and broccoli bake
Costs: Cheap as chips
If youíre after a healthy meal thatís quick to make and tastes really great, give this salmon and broccoli bake a go this week and youíll find yourself with a really hearty meal thatís full of vitamins and nutrients. Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, while broccoli is packed with vitamins and iron. Itís a great choice for a quick, healthy meal for the whole family - and salmon, broccoli and spinach are all superfoods!
- To make this superfood recipe, preheat oven, 200ļC/400F/gas 6
- Par-boil the potatoes in their skins for 8-10 mins, drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Set aside.
- Melt 50g of margarine in a pan, add onion, garlic, ground white pepper and stir-fry for three mins. Add the broccoli and continue to stir-fry for another five mins. Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt.
- Grease a deep 1.3ltr baking dish with some margarine and spoon the stir-fried vegetable mixture evenly over the base. Place the salmon strips on top of the mixture, scatter over the lemon rind and parsley and pour over the cream. Season well.
- Remove the peel from the potatoes and grate coarsely to make rosti potatoes. Top the salmon with the potato, season and dot over the remaining margarine.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 mins or until the potatoes are brown and crispy. Serve with whole baby carrots, whole baby sweetcorn or sugar snaps.