Roasted rhubarb and vanilla dessert
Vanilla and rhubarb are a great combination and roasting the rhubarb with golden caster sugar takes out the tartness and makes it really sweet
- 400g rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 40g golden caster sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 x 125g Alpro soya vanilla flavoured desserts
- A few pinches of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/400F/gas 6.
- Line a baking sheet with a non-stick Teflon sheet or grease well and spread the rhubarb out.
- Sprinkle the golden caster sugar over the rhubarb and squeeze over the lemon juice. Roast for 10 mins until the rhubarb is just tender. Cool without moving the rhubarb off the tray or baking sheet.
- Spoon the vanilla desserts into 4 compote dishes. Spoon the rhubarb on top, sprinkle each one with a pinch of cinnamon and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 147(kcal)
- Fat 2.4g
- Saturates 0.4g
- Sugars 23.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.