Lesley Waters' Oriental Tenderstem noodles
Well known for TV appearances in Ready Steady Cook, This Morning, and Great Food Live, chef Lesley Waters' has created this Chinese style ginger noodles with Tenderstem broccoli and crispy duck.
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli, cut into 6cm strips
- 4 duck legs
- 225g medium egg noodles
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into very fine strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2in piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1 large orange, juice only
These delicious Tenderstem® broccoli noodles can be served with grilled tuna, griddled chicken or simply on their own with toasted sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 210ºC/425F/gas 7.
- Using a fork, prick the duck all over and lightly rub over 1tsp salt. Place the duck on a rack over a roasting tin and cook for approx. 1hr 15 mins until crisp and cooked. Alternatively, buy Chinese crispy duck legs from the supermarket and follow the pack instructions.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet, then drain, rinse and set to one side.
- Using a sharp knife and fork, pull and chop the meat and skin from the duck legs and spread out on a baking tray. Return the
- shredded duck to the oven to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large wok, heat the oil. Add the Tenderstem® broccoli, spring onions, carrots and stir-fry for 2 mins until
- vegetables are just cooked but still crunchy. Add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce and orange juice, toss in the noodles. Heat
- through and season to taste.
- To serve, toss the duck through the noodles and pile into 4 dishes. Scatter over fresh coriander leaves (optional) and serve
- straight away.