Gino D'Acampo's mini apple and almond pies
Celebrity chef Gino D'Acampo has created this quick and easy recipe for mini almond and apple pies
- 1.4kg Cooking apples
- 100g Soft brown sugar
- 200g Ground almonds
- 200g soft salted butter (room temperature)
- 200g Caster sugar
- 3 fresh eggs
- Sliced toasted almonds for decoration
- Icing sugar for decoration
- Cook the apple with brown sugar on a low heat until soft.
- Beat the eggs with caster sugar, mix in the butter and ground almonds creating a smooth paste.
- Separate the apples into six different ramekins and spread the mixture on top of each of them. Put some sliced almonds on top and cook in a pre-heated oven of 160ºC/320F/gas 4 for about 50 mins until golden brown.
- Once ready dust on some icing sugar and serve immediately.