South American potato and bean salad
Crunchy potatoes and fresh green beans, this dish is ideal as a starter or lunch with grilled chicken or steak
- 75g pumpkin seeds
- 750g potatoes, halved or quartered
- 200g trimmed green beans, halved
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400F/gas 6.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds on a baking tray and bake for 10 mins until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 mins until tender, remove with a slotted spoon and run under cold water to cool or use a sieve.
- Add the beans to the water and cook for 2-3 mins. Cool under cold water.
- Place the potatoes and beans in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the tomatoes and garlic for 2-3 mins. Place the pumpkin seeds in a food processor and grind to a smooth paste. Add the tomato and process until smooth.
- Add 75ml water to make a thick dressing. Stir into the potatoes and chill before serving.