Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is a simple bread recipe with a light texture. It goes with anything and is good at calming an unsettled tummy
- 9 oz plain wholemeal flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pint of milk and water
- Separate the yolk from the white of the egg.
- Beat the yolk with the milk and water and mix this with the flour into a thick batter.
- Whip up the egg white until stiff, and mix it well into the batter.
- Grease and heat a loaf tin, turn the mixture into it, and bake the loaf for 1½ hrs at 170°C.