Spicy chicken with couscous
A dinner party winner or a healthy takeaway alternative, this spicy chicken with couscous and Mediterranean vegetables takes less than an hour to cook
- 2 boneless, skinless corn-fed chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1tbsp Ras-al-Hanout (Moroccan spice) or 1tbsp curry powder
- 2tsp paprika
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2tsp olive oil
- 200g baby courgettes, trimmed and halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 4 baby carrots, peeled and halved
- 8 midi plum tomatoes
- 150g couscous
- 2tbsp plain yogurt or plain organic soya yogurt
- 1tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan180ºC/gas 6.
- Put the chicken pieces into an ovenproof dish and season with freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle over the spices, garlic and tsp of olive oil. Cover and leave flavours to mingle for a few mins or longer if you've time. Roast for 20 mins until the chicken is golden.
- Put the courgettes, red pepper and carrots into a roasting tin and drizzle with the remaining 1tsp olive oil. Roast for 15 mins, add the tomatoes and cook for 5 more mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Put the couscous into a bowl and pour over 200ml boiling water or stock. Leave for a few minutes for all the liquid to absorb.
- Mix the yogurt with the fresh coriander leaves. Serve alongside the spicy chicken and roasted vegetables.