Low-calorie chocolate mousse
Prep time:(plus cooling time)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Just because you're on a diet you don't have to miss out on delicious desserts like this sweet, low-calorie chocolate mousse
- 160ml skimmed milk
- 60g skimmed milk powder
- 60g cocoa powder
- 13g granular sweetener
- 4tsp concentrated chocolate essence
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 11g gelatine
- 90ml water
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Whisk the skimmed milk powder in to the cold milk.
- Warm the milk mix but don't let it boil, whisk in the cocoa powder and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix in the sweetener, vanilla and chocolate essence and put to one side.
- Make up the gelatine according to pack instructions and stir in to the chocolate and milk mixture. Leave in a cool place until the mixture thickens but do not let it set.
- Pour the egg whites and a pinch of cream of tartar into a large bowl and whisk until firm. Fold into the chocolate mixture a spoonful at a time.
- Leave to set in the fridge before serving.