Prep time:marinating time
Why not add a touch of Oriental flair to your chicken with this Thai-style chicken recipe?
- 6 chicken drumsticks/6 chicken thighs
- 2 stems lemon grass
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3tbsp rice vinegar
- 3tbsp brown sugar
- 3tbsp olive oil
When grilling or barbequing, always make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly before eating. To check this, pierce the plumpest part of the flesh and make sure the juices run clear, if not, cook further.
- Remove the tough outer skin from the lemon grass and roughly chop. Place the lemon grass, ginger, garlic, onion, lime zest and juice, rice vinegar, sugar and olive oil in a processor and blend until smooth.
- With a sharp pair of kitchen scissors or knife, make a deep cut into the thighs and to the bone on both sides of the drumsticks.
- Place the marinade in a large bowl, add the chicken thighs and drumsticks and mix until coated. Cover and chill for at least 2hrs.
- Grill the chicken on a medium heat for about 15-20 mins turning every 5 mins until the chicken is opaque with no trace of pink at the bone.
- Serve the chicken and sprinkle with chopped coriander alongside a sweet chilli sauce dip.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories Calories 397(kcal)
- Fat 23.5g
- Saturates g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.