Gordon Ramsay's quick berry trifles
Total time:(plus cooling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Gordon's summer fruit trifles look like they've come straight from his kitchen but they're actually really easy to make.
- 200g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 600g other mixed berries (e.g. blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 100g amaretti biscuits
- 600ml good-quality ready-made vanilla custard, chilled
- Put the berries and sugar in a non-stick pan and heat gently for a few minutes until the fruit begins to soften.
- Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool completely. Using a slotted spoon, remove a spoonful of fruit for the topping and set aside.
- Place the amaretti biscuits in a deep bowl and lightly crush with the end of a rolling pin. Reserving a handful, tip the rest into a large glass bowl (or divide among individual glasses.)
- Spoon half the custard over the amaretti, followed by half of the fruit compote. Repeat these layers and top with a sprinkling of crushed amaretti and the reserved fruit to serve.
Recipes taken from Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food
Published by Quadrille, £19.99. Photographs by Jill Mead