Banana, yogurt and oats breakfast smoothie
If you can't stomach porridge in the morning but you need your superfoods try this yogurt smoothie instead, with banana, oats and dates
- 4tbsp porridge oats
- 2 bananas
- 225g (8oz) natural yogurt
- 250ml (9floz) whole milk
- 3 pitted dates
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the porridge oats in a non-stick pan and lightly toast until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Add half of the porridge oats and blend again.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and sprinkle over the remaining toasted oats to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 197(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 3.1g
- Sugars 18.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.