Moroccan chicken pockets
Stuffed pitta bread is versatile and makes a change from sandwiches - plus pitta bread is less messy than a sarnie.
- Pitta bread
- Shredded, skinless chicken breasts
- A handful of dried apricots
- A handful of parsley
- Greek yogurt
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
To make a vegetarian version of this recipe replace the chicken with cheese and spread the pitta bread with mayonnaise or crème fraîche. Give your kids a balanced lunchbox with a portion of fruit, a small carton of water or juice and some oat crunchies or other cereal.
- Cut open the pitta bread, either cut in half across the middle or slice along the side, whatever you prefer.
- Stuff half the pitta with the shredded lettuce.
- Chop the dried apricots and mix with the shredded chicken, yogurt and parsley.
- Fill the rest of the pitta with the chicken mixture.