Quick tomato tartlets
Costs: Cheap as chips
An easy tomato recipe that takes around 25 minutes and these mini tarts are delicious hot or cold - great for packed lunches and picnics
- 8 beef tomatoes or vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 packet of ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 8 cheese slices
- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC/375°F/gas 5.
- Cut out 8 discs of pastry to about 3cm larger than the size of the tomatoes and place on baking sheet.
- Cut out 8 circles of cheese to the same size as the tomatoes and place in the middle on top of the pastry.
- Cut each tomato in half and place, cut side up, onto the cheese.
- Brush the pastry edge with beaten egg and bake in the oven for about 20 mins until the pastry is golden brown.