Honey and mustard sausage rolls
Skill level: Bit of effort
Honey and mustard is a great way to spice up sausage rolls. Great for picnics, lunchboxes and for parties - serve with drinks.
- 375g pack puff pastry
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 3dsp spiced honey mustard, or mix 1tbsp of mustard with 1tbsp of honey
- 450g good quality pork sausagemeat (or skinned sausages)
- 1tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 small onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400F, gas mark 6).
- Lightly grease 2 large baking trays.
- Roll the pastry (even if you have bought a ready rolled sheet of pastry you will need to roll it thinner) until it is approx 30cm x 28cm and then cut in half length-ways.
- Spread 1 1/2 dessertspoon of the honey mustard mixture onto each oblong of pastry.
- In a bowl mix together the sausagemeat, parsley and onion and season.
- Divide the mixture into two and shape each into a long sausage shape on top of the pastry.
- Brush one edge with beaten egg and then roll up, with the seam underneath, and seal.
- Cut each roll into 2.5cm lengths, make a small slit in the top of each roll, brush with beaten egg and pop onto the baking trays.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, transfer to a cooling rack and leave to cool.