Julie Daly's quick fruit loaf
Prep time:(plus 1 hour for soaking fruit)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
There's always half a bag of dried fruit leftover from cooking so why not try this easy recipe to use it up. Serve on its own or toasted with butter.
- 1 heaped cup of bran or bran cereal
- 1 heaped cup caster sugar
- 1 heaped cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 heaped cup of self-raising flour
- Put the cereal, sugar and dried fruit into a bowl and mix together.
- Stir in milk and leave to stand for 1hr.
- Sieve in the flour, mix well and pour mixture into a well greased 1lb loaf tin. Bake in a moderate oven 180ºC/350F/gas 4 for 90 mins.
- Take out of tin and allow to cool on a cooling rack.