Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Splashing out
Cosmopolitan cocktail was made famous by Sex and the City but it's always been a winner with us! We're sure you'll love our version of this classic cocktail recipe - The Cosmo. It's such an easy cocktail to make, and it will only take you 5 mins to whip it up, so you can spend less time making them and more time drinking them. You'll only need four ingredients to make this Cosmopolitan drink - lemon vodka, Cointreau or triple sec, squeezed lime and of course, the classic cranberry juice. This Cosmopolitan recipe in just three easy and simple steps, so you can impress your friends and family with your cocktail making skills even if you're just a beginner. You would usually need a shaker to make this Cosmopolitan cocktail recipe, but you can also use a spoon to mix all the ingredients - but make sure you mix them really well! Serve this Cosmopolitan cocktail in a martini glass and don't forget to decorate it with a wedge of lime and sugar around the rim.
- 30ml (1fl oz) lemon vodka
- 15ml (1/2fl oz) Cointreau or triple sec
- 1/2 a freshly squeezed lime or lime cordial if preferred
- 15ml (1/2fl oz) cranberry juice
If you can't get hold triple sec for your Cosmopolitan, just use Cointreau instead.
- Shake the vodka, Cointreau, lime and cranberry juice in a shaker with ice. If you haven't got a shaker mix the ingredients well with a spoon.
- Decorate a martini glass with a wedge of lime and sugar around the rim.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass and serve straight away.