Barbecued mushroom & tortelloni kebabs
Prep time:plus soaking time for skewers
Even if you love meat you'll still be satisfied by these filling and slightly spicy veggie kebabs.
For the kebabs:
- 100g mange tout
- 700g closed cup mushrooms
- 16 vegetarian tortelloni (cooked)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 x 15cm wooden skewers
For the marinade:
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5ml (1tsp) dried herbs
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) smoked paprika
- 5ml (1tsp) tomato pureé
- 15ml (1tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 90ml (6tbsp) olive oil
- Soak skewers in cold water for 1 hr to ensure they do not burn when grilling kebabs.
- Push the vegetables on the skewers in following order: mange tout, mushroom, tortelloni, mushroom, tomato, mushroom, tortelloni, mushroom and mange tout.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and brush the kebabs with the marinade.
- Cook on the barbecue or under a hot grill for 3-4 mins on each side until the tomatoes soften and the tortelloni are slightly crisp.
- Serve with a green salad
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 262(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.