Total time:(including 2hrs to marinate)
Halloumi is a Greek cheese that you can grill, fry or bake. It has a mild, salty flavour and is great with lamb, grilled tomatoes, beans or on its own.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 18 whole pitted black olives
- 100ml (3floz) olive oil
- 400g (14oz) halloumi cheese
- 3 large tomatoes
- 6 just cooked new potatoes
- 2 large courgettes
- 1 red onion
- 1 aubergine
- 6 kebab skewers
- Pitta bread to serve
- Mix the garlic, olives and olive oil together to make the marinade.
- Cut the cheese into 2.5cm (1in) cubes.
- Cut tomatoes into four and remove the seeds. Cut potatoes in half length-ways.
- Chop the remaining vegetables into 2.5cm (1in) cubes and thread them onto skewers with the potatoes and tomatoes.
- Marinate the kebabs for 2 hrs.
- Cook over barbecue or grill until tender, turning after 2 mins on each side, and serve immediately in pitta bread or on a bed of salad.