Peach and caramel cheesecake
Cooking time:chilling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
This delicious peach and caramel cheesecake is a dessert to die for. Great for dinner parties or just as a weekend treat. Go on!
- 250g packet digestive biscuits85g (3oz) butter
- 400g cream cheese
- 55g (2oz) icing sugar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 120g pot of peach or natural yogurt
- 2 ripe fresh peaches
For the caramel
- 55g (2oz) butter
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 2tsp brown sugar
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor or in a large bowl with a rolling pin, until finely crushed.
- Melt the butter and add to the biscuits.
- Grease a 20cm (8in) loose-bottomed cake tin and tip in the biscuit mixture, smoothing out to make an even base. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Beat together the cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and yogurt. Spoon over the base and smooth over.
- Place the whole peaches in boiling water for 1 min, then remove with a spoon and transfer into a bowl of very cold water. Peel away the skin and slice the peaches. Arrange on top of the cheesecake and chill for 1 hour.
- To make the caramel, melt the butter, golden syrup and brown sugar in a pan, bubble for 30 seconds and serve with the cheesecake.