Creamy stuffed chicken breast
Cooking time:(may need 5 mins extra)
Skill level: Easy peasy
This Italian-inspired creamy stuffed chicken with Parma ham and watercress is a real treat with crushed potatoes and green beans
- 50g/2oz medium fat, soft cheese like Philadelphia
- 1 (85g) bag watercress, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 1tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 4tbsp (60ml) marsala wine
- 150ml/1/4pt chicken stock
- 4tbsp (60ml) double cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mash the cheese with half the watercress, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Use a knife to make a slit along one side of each chicken breast and make a pocket. Fill with the cheese then wrap the Parma ham around the chicken, tucking the loose ends of ham underneath.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken and cook for 8 mins, turning each breast over once until the ham is golden.
- Add the marsala wine to the pan, sauté for 1 min, stir in the stock, then cover the pan with a baking sheet or foil and simmer for 15-20 mins or until tender and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Simmer the liquid to reduce until it becomes syrup. Stir in the remaining watercress and cream and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 min, then remove from the heat and season to taste. Serve with crushed potatoes and green beans.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 342(kcal)
- Fat 17.5g
- Saturates 7.4g
- Salt 1.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.