Cooking time:(plus cooling)
This low-cal Pimm's jelly is a refreshing twist on the classic Pimm's No. 1, perfect on a hot summer's day.
- 165ml Pimm's No. 1
- 510ml water
- 4 leaves of gelatine
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 45 ml orange juice
- 20g cucumber, diced
- 18 mint leaves
- 2 medium oranges, peel and pith removed and cut into segments
- 6 strawberries, sliced
For the garnish:
- 6 strawberries, halved
- 6 mint sprigs
- Put 4 tbsp of water in a dish and allow the gelatine to soak.
- Heat the remaining water. When hot but not boiling, add the gelatine and liquid and leave to melt. When the gelatine has dissolved, add half the sweetener and mix thoroughly.
- Add Pimm's, lemon and orange juice then strain into a bowl. Leave to cool at room temperature.
- Prepare the oranges, slicing away the skin and pith. Segment the oranges and dice the flesh.
- Just before pouring, add the remaining sweetener. Half fill 6 glasses or bowls of approximately 200ml capacity with the Pimm's mixture. Add some of the orange pieces, diced cucumber and strawberry slices.
- Put the glasses in the fridge for approximately 1 ½ hrs or until the jelly sets, then pour on the remaining Pimm's mixture. Add the rest of the orange, strawberries and cucumber and 3 mint leaves to each glass. Allow to set completely in the fridge. Serve topped with a strawberry and mint sprig.