Buttery Moo biscuits
Prep time:+ decorating time
These creative Moo biscuits are deliciously buttery and both easy and great fun to make. Get the kids to help you!
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- 100g (4oz) icing sugar
- 100g (4oz) cornflour
- 225g (8oz) butter, softened and cut into cubes
- Black fondant icing
- Pink fondant icing
- White fondant icing
- Jam or honey
- To make the dough:
- Sieve together the plain flour, icing sugar and cornflour.
- Using a food processor, add the sieved flour and softened butter butter . Whizz until the mixture starts to clog together.
- Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead.
- To make the biscuits:
- Take a small piece of the mixture (about 75g/3oz) and roll into a ball. Flatten to make the Moo?s face, then take two small knobs of the mixture, roll into a sausage shape and flatten to make two ears. Push the ears up to the head so that they will fix to the head during cooking.
- Place each Moo carefully onto a flat baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170ºC (gas mark 3/325F) for about 10-15 mins until the Moos are pale, but just changing colour around the edges. (The time can vary depending on the thickness of the Moos). Remove carefully from the tray and allow to cool before decorating.
- When cooled, take the black icing and roll out thinly. Cut Moo cow patch shapes and stick to the shortbread using a little jam or honey. Take a small knob of the pink icing, roll out into an oblong shape to make the nose and then using both the black and white icing, make the eyes.
- Stick to the shortbread and enjoy your Moos! Store in an airtight container.