Cheap chicken roast
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This chicken roast will go down a treat on Sundays, but it's so quick you can cook it midweek. And best of all, it costs less than a fiver!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 300g carrots, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 large parsnips, approx. 250g and cut into 3cm wedges
- 750g potatoes e.g. King Edwards, cut into wedges
- 1tbsp thyme leaves
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
We’ve used this recipe in our credit crunch meal planner. Click here to go back to week two of the planner.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (gas mark 6).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 2 mins on each side. Transfer to a large roasting tin with all the vegetables and stir in the thyme, honey and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bake for 30 mins then drain most of the excess juice and reserve. Bake for a further 10 mins before serving with the reserved juice as gravy.