Potato supper with crispy bacon
Skill level: Easy peasy
Easy, quick, tasty... this potato supper dish with crispy bacon and poached eggs is filling and tasty. Serve with a big leafy salad.
- 500g Charlotte potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 225g bacon or chorizo sausage, skinned and sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 medium eggs
- Place the potatoes in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then drain and stir in the olive oil.
- Fry the potatoes in a griddle pan for 6-8 mins until golden. (This may need to be done in 2 batches).
- In a separate frying pan, add the bacon or chorizo and spring onions, cook for 3 mins, then stir in the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in boiling water, place on top of the potato mixture and serve.