Pasta with smoked salmon cream sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
This smoky salmon pasta dish is designed as dinner for one but just double the ingredients for a dinner date.
- 75g (3oz) pasta shapes
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 spring onion, trimmed, washed and finely sliced
- 50g (2oz) smoked salmon or smoked trout, chopped
- 4 - 5tbsp double cream
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- Freshly ground black pepper
* Luxury salmon scrambled eggBeat 50g smoked salmon into 2 eggs and 3tbsp double cream, cook gently in melted butter in a small saucepan, stirring, until the scrambled egg is set but creamy. Serve with buttered toast. * 100g pack of smoked salmon will make both this recipe and the luxury scrambled egg above.
- Cook the pasta in a pan of lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions and drain. Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the spring onion until softened.
- Stir in the chopped salmon and double cream and heat until beginning to bubble. Add the lime juice, bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for 1 - 2 mins, stirring.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, season with pepper and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 243(kcal)
- Fat 13.0g
- Saturates 1.8g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.