Rocket salad with balsamic dressing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our rocket salad with balsamic dressing is super easy to make and ideal if you're looking for a simple side dish or light salad to serve with chicken, fish or cured meats. This recipe serves 6-8 people and will take you only 5 mins to rustle up. Once you've mastered this easy homemade balsamic dressing, you'll want to make this sauce time and time again for other salads. A portion of this salad works out at only 90 calories per serving.
- 100g-130g packet rocket salad leaves
For the dressing:
- 6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tbsp clear honey
- 1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
If you have any leftover dressing, store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 day.
- Tip the salad leaves into a suitable bowl with a lid or cover the bowl with cling film.
- To make the dressing, spoon all the ingredients into a small jar, seal the jar and shake well to mix the dressing.
- Just before serving, shake the dressing again to make sure that it's well mixed, then pour it over the rocket leaves, turning them to coat them in the dressing.
More salad recipes
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 90(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.