Fast fruity crumble
Skill level: Easy peasy
An easy-to-make dessert, this fruity crumble will look great on the table. And it only takes half an hour to make!
- 1 packet frozen fruit (e.g. summer fruits or raspberries)
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1 handful of porridge oats
- 1tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
Serve with a dollop of thick cream or ice cream. And instead of cococnut, you could use chopped hazelnuts or walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (gas mark 5). Grease an ovenproof dish with a little of the oil.
- Put the frozen fruit into the dish. Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over and stir it into the fruit.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, leftover sugar and coconut. Put the oil and golden syrup into a saucepan and gently melt. Then mix with the oat mixture and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins until the fruit is starting to ooze through the oats. Remove from the oven and serve straight away or leave until cool. The topping will be crunchy if served hot.
Cook's tip: Serve with a dollop of thick cream or ice cream. And instead of cococnut, you could use chopped hazelnuts or walnuts. Your tips: making an easy fruit crumble Quick tips: perking up a fruit pie www.vegsoc.org