Gino D'Acampo's almond apple pies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Make individual dessert pies with this delicious recipe from TV chef Gino D'Acampo. Goes really well with vanilla ice cream.
- 1.4kg cooking apples
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 200g ground almonds
- 200g soft salted butter (room temperature)
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 fresh eggs
- Sliced toasted almonds for decoration
- Icing sugar for decoration
Serve this with good-quality vanilla ice cream or clotted cream - the perfect accompaniment to these pies.
- Cook the apples with brown sugar on a low heat until soft.
- Beat the eggs with caster sugar then mix in the butter and ground almonds creating a smooth paste.
- Separate the apples into six different ramekins and spread the mixture on top of each of them. Put some sliced almonds on top and cook in a pre-heated oven of 160ºC for about 50 mins until golden brown. Once ready dust on some icing sugar and serve immediately.
Cook's tip: Serve this with good-quality vanilla ice cream or clotted cream - the perfect accompaniment to these pies.www.myredtractor.co.uk