Watermelon and lime lollies
- 100g (3½oz) caster sugar1 level tbsp glucose syrup
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1kg (2¼lb) prepared watermelon flesh, skin and seeds removed
- Lolly moulds (and sticks, depending on type of mould used)
- Pour 100ml (3½fl oz) cold water into a saucepan and add the caster sugar. Place the pan over a low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to the boil and simmer it for 2 mins, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the glucose syrup and the lime zest and juice. Leave the syrup to cool.
- Place the watermelon flesh in a food processor, purée it until smooth then stir in the syrup. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, discarding the pulp. Pour the mixture into the lolly moulds and freeze until solid.
- Remove the lollies from the freezer and dip the moulds briefly in hot water to release the lollies. The lollies will keep in freezer for up to 3 months
Per lolly: 63 calories; 0g fat Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: Simon Pask. Props stylist: Selina Lake
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 63(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.