Quick strawberry ice cream
- 340g jar strawberry preserve/conserve
- 500g carton fresh chilled vanilla custard (preferably a luxury version)
- Ice-cream cones, to serve
- Tip the strawberry preserve into a bowl and beat it until it's runny, then beat in the custard and freeze the mixture in an ice-cream maker. Or pour it into a suitable freezer container and place in the freezer, beating it regularly, so that it freezes evenly to give a smooth texture and large ice crystals don't form.
- Once frozen, this ice cream should still remain soft enough to scoop straight from the freezer into ice-cream cones. It will also keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 230(kcal)
- Fat 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.