Chocolate and strawberry muffins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Add summer berries to these chocolate muffins for a fruity flavour. You can use strawberries, raspberries or the lesser-known strasberry.
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50g melted butter
- 225ml milk
- 300g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 100g fresh strawberries (or raspberries/strasberries)
- 40g white chocolate
- 40g dark chocolate
What are strasberries? Strasberries look like raspberries, but strasberries are smaller versions of strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (gas mark 6).
- In a food mixer, mix the egg and sugar with the vanilla extract.
- Add the melted butter and milk, then carefully fold in the flour and baking powder. Take care not to overwork it.
- Add the berries and chopped chocolate then spoon the mixture into muffin trays or cut greaseproof for a 'rustic' effect. Bake in the oven for 30 mins.