Green and red salad stack
- 2 red peppers
- 4 medium courgettes
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 100g (3½oz) green beans, blanched for 3-4 mins
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered, deseeded and cut into strips
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
For the pitta crisps:
- 3 pitta breads, split in half, and each half cut into 3 triangles
- 1tbsp olive oil
- ½-1tsp each sea salt and fennel seeds
If you prefer, the crisps can be cooked in the oven at 200°C (gas mark 6) for 8-10 mins.
- Set the grill to hot. Quarter and deseed the peppers, and put them, skin-side up, on a sturdy baking sheet. Grill until skin starts to blacken, then put them into a polybag for 10 mins to cool to make it easier to remove the skin. 2. Meanwhile, cut each courgette lengthways into 5 thin slices. Arrange on the baking sheet and brush with a little oil. Grill until browned on one side, turn them, brush with more oil and grill on the other side. Set aside on a plate. 3. To make the pitta crisps, arrange the pitta-bread triangles, cut-side up, on a clean baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with sea salt and fennel seeds. Grill for 3-5 mins until browned. 4. Meanwhile, peel the cooled peppers and cut them into strips. Arrange the courgette slices, then the strips of pepper, then the green beans, on individual plates then add the tomato strips. Season with pepper and drizzle with oil. Serve with pitta crisps and lemon wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 274(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.