Gino D'Acampo's pappardelle with dolcelatte
Skill level: Easy peasy
This three-cheese pasta with mushrooms, peas and pancetta is rich, filling and very tasty. Serve with a leafy green salad.
- 400g fresh pappardelle (wide fettucine) pasta
- 150g dolcelatte cheese, cut into small cubes
- 150g mascarpone cheese
- 100g pancetta, cubed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 50g salted butter
- 150g button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 150g frozen or fresh peas (if frozen, defrost)
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan cheese like Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter together over a medium heat. Add in the pancetta, a pinch of black pepper and fry until golden for approximately 3 mins.
- Add in the mushrooms and peas and continue to cook for 8 mins, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Once cooked, stir in the mascarpone and dolcelatte then remove from the heat.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in a large saucepan with plenty of salted boiling water until al dente (firm, but not hard).
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and place in the frying pan with the sauce. Place the pan back onto the heat, sprinkle half of the Parmesan over the pasta and toss everything together for a good minute, so the sauce beautifully coats the pasta.
- Serve immediately with the rest of the Parmesan sprinkled over the top.